It's a Hoppin' Little Joint

My photo
Single mother of two girls, I live an unorthodox life.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In the Beginning


When children are born they are naked and defenseless. They can not care for themselves and they will die without love and nourishment. From that moment forward the people around them are responsible for their 'reality'. Its such a slippery slope, so much trepidation to be found. Right from the beginning, before you even could focus people were shaping what you believe. This scenario sets the scene for each life. For some this beginning is a place of darkness and they will eternally seek the light, others born under more ominous situations may find themselves in the light only to seek the relief that only darkness can give. There is an endless set of variables and an endless set of outcomes available.


All situations though send forth a being with a basic set of beliefs, basic but complicated. I didn't like what I learned from my family and we all agreed when I was 16 that I no longer belonged as part of them. I've never though been able to quite shake the early seeds they planted.....here I hope to let the garden grow and pull the weeds.
Life etches the countenance of the soul..........


No comments:

Post a Comment